Here’s everything you need to know to decide between the two:
Get the iPad 2 if:
- 16 GB is enough storage for you.
- You don’t want to spend more than $399, or $529 with 3G internet.
Get the new iPad if:
- You don’t already own an iPad 2
- 16 GB isn’t enough. You need 32 GB or 64 GB.
- You want fast 4G internet. (Up to 72 mbps on Verizon or 42 mbps on AT&T.)
More reasons to get the new iPad:
These are nice features that might tip the scales toward the new iPad:
- Retina display — a high-resolution screen. Those who’ve used it claim that it will transform your experience on the iPad.
- Better camera — The new iPad camera is 5 megapixels. The iPad 2 camera is only .7 megapixels.
- Faster processor — The new iPad is faster, which also means it won’t be outdated as quickly.
- Dictation — You can type on your iPad with your voice.
The new iPad didn’t turn the world on it’s head, but it is a solid upgrade.