Netflix & Spotify each hooked me with a month-long trial, so I was a little disappointed at first that the Hulu Plus trial is only seven days.
But as it turns out, I didn’t need a week to know if I wanted Hulu Plus. I knew I didn’t want Hulu Plus on day one.
To be fair, I’ll list some pros before I list the cons.
- You can watch Hulu on your iPad and iPhone.
- You get access to a bigger, more current selection of movies and TV shows.
- The app works well. It has ★★ on the app store, but it’s not because of poor app design. It’s because of the cons listed below:
- It still has ads.
- The selection isn’t that much bigger.
- Some shows are still only available on the web. I don’t want to pay for the app unless I can watch my shows through the app.
Naturally, there are reasons behind these cons, such as contracts and licensing issues.
Whatever the reasons behind the problems, Hulu Plus isn’t worth $8/month for most consumers.
The free trial worked
It helped me decide if Hulu Plus is worth $8/month to me. It’s not.
I kind of wish I got the Hulu Plus trial on a disc like AOL. Then I’d at least get a frisbee out of it.