Here at ZAGGblog, we love keeping up with the latest rumors about smartphones. Today, I bring you another compelling rumor: a superphone from HTC codenamed M7. Here’s the rundown of what we’ve heard so far.
The M7 will likely boast the following specs, courtesy of UnwiredView:
- 4.7-inch 1080p HD display (1920×1080)
- 468ppi, more than 40% more pixels than iPhone 5
- 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB Internal Storage (no word on expandability yet)
- 13MP Camera with f/2.0 aperture lens; 1080p Video (rear)
- 2MP Camera; 1080p Video (front)
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + 4G LTE + 42Mbps HSDPA
- 2300mAh battery (likely internal; non-removable)
- Beats Audio; Stereo Speakers
- Android Jelly Bean
- HTC Sense 5.0
So far, availability is expected on Verizon and Sprint, but we’re hearing that all four major U.S. carriers will carry it before launch. And speaking of which, the rumor is we’ll see this debut at Mobile World Congress, which is slated for February 25 – 28, 2013, in Barcelona, Spain.
As UnwiredView points out, if the M7 does indeed launch on all four major U.S. carriers, it’ll be the first HTC device since the Touch Pro 2 to be available on the big four. It’d be the first major HTC device to hit the market since the One series debuted last year, and would be a great step in the right direction for bringing HTC back to the smartphone powerhouse it once was.
What do you think? If what we’re hearing pans out, could the M7 be your next device? Let me know on Twitter: @mbchp.
You should follow Mike on Twitter for more great tech insights and good conversation. If Twitter isn’t your thing, fear not, you can always keep up with Mike on his personal blog as well at: www.MikeBeauchamp.me or on Facebook.