I am drooling. Too much information? Well I have a good reason. I just checked out the Adobe Touch Apps. Have you seen them yet? In a word, “wow.” Last fall Adobe announced that they would soon be launching six different apps designed specifically for tablets – Apple and Android tablets to be exact. The apps are now available for purchase so here is a roundup of what you can expect from each one. Oh and try not to drool.
1) Adobe Photoshop Touch – With Photoshop Touch, you can do the main core things you would do with Adobe Photoshop. Apply filters, combine layers, add effects and more all with a few simple finger swipes. The app also offers direct connection to social media sites so you can show your masterpiece to family and friends instantly. $9.99 on Apple and Android tablets.
2) Adobe Proto – Proto (short for prototype) lets your present website wireframes or mock-ups in anintriguing and interactive way. Design and demonstrate how mobile apps would work right on the tablet they would be available for. Show clients or teammates instantly how their feedback would look if implemented. Share ideas in a whole knew way. $9.99 on Android, coming soon for Apple.
3) Adobe Ideas – Adobe Ideas claims “inspiration on the go” and can be described as a very high tech and convenient sketchpad. With Ideas, create vector-based drawings that can be zoomed in on, combined with other layers, and easily opened in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop for more tweaks and creating. $9.99 on Apple and Android Tablets.
4) Adobe Debut – Adobe Debut was designed for presenting Adobe Creative Suite files specifically ona tablet. Debut even includes a markup feature that allows for notes to be made directly on a design with the ability to be turned on or off. Available initially for $9.99 on Android, coming soon for Apple.
5) Adobe Collage – Adobe Collage is just what it sounds like: a revolutionary way of combining photos, words, videos and drawings into stunning moodboards. Capture ideas quickly and on the go for easy sharing or future editing that is easy to take everywhere. $9.99 for Android, coming soon to Apple.
6) Adobe Kuler – Adobe Kuler lets you explore thousands of color schemes or create your own. Color also becomes social with Kuler as you comment on or rate other Kuler community member’s creations. $9.99 for Android, coming soon to Apple.
There you have it folks. Pretty amazing, right? All six apps make use of Adobe’s new Creative Cloud which allows users to easily connect what they’ve done in the tablet apps with their Adobe Creative Suite on their personal computer for true creation anywhere at anytime.