- What information we collect
- How we use your information
- Sharing information with third parties
- How long we store your information
- How we protect your information
- How to opt-out
- Your rights
- Do not track notice
- Third party links
- Children's privacy
- Questions and feedback
- How we use "cookies"
What information we collect
We will collect the following information about you:
- Identification information such as your name, your email address, date of birth, and gender.
- Log-in details such as your username and password.
- Contact details, such as your home and shipping address, and phone number.
- Payment and other financial information, such as your credit card information, gift card number.
- Transaction information, such as your order number, total amount payable, and transaction history.
- Electronic identifiers such as your IP address, and your browsing behavior. This includes information about your browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform and usage information. These identifiers on their own do not always amount to personal data, but may do so when combined.
There are many ways that ZAGG obtains both personal information and non-personal information from you: (1) via signup on or when you visit any ZAGG website(s); (2) from an online, email, fax, or telephone purchase; (3) from navigational information about where visitors go on our website; (4) when you enter a ZAGG sweepstakes/giveaway; (5) anytime you submit a business reply, product, or warranty card; (6) upon contacting customer service to request ZAGG communications; and (7) upon signing up at an event. If you contact our customer service department, you will need to provide us with additional information so that we can respond to your questions or concerns as completely and thoroughly as possible.
How we use your information
We use the following information for of the following purposes:
- Identification, contact and payment information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to quickly process your transactions. We process such information to perform our contract with you.
- Electronic identifiers to personalise your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested. We process such information based on our legitimate interest to provide effective services and useful content to you.
- Identification and contact information to allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests. We process such information to perform our contract with you.
- Identification, log-in and contact information to administer our site and for internal operations, including contests sweepstakes, surveys. We process such information based on our legitimate interest to provide useful content to you.
- Electronic identifiers for the purpose of troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes or other site or application features. We process such personal data based on our legitimate interest to provide effective services and useful content to you, and to ensure our website is safe and secure.
- Identification and contact information to notify you about changes to our services. We process such information to perform our contract with you.
- Identification and contact details for customer service purposes, such as following up on customers who have not checked out their abandoned shopping carts or to see if there was a problem with their use of the site. We process such information based on our legitimate interest to provide effective services and useful content to you.
- If you have agreed to receive our electronic newsletter, we will process your contact information send you periodic electronic notices, and for the processing of this data, we rely on your consent. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mails or electronic notices from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us" section below. If you have not opted in to receive electronic newsletters, you will not receive these electronic communications. Visitors who register or participate in other site or application features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our electronic communications list and receive electronic communications from us.
Sharing information with third parties
We share your information with selected recipients:
- We are part of a larger company and we will share your personal information with the members of our group, including ZAGG Inc. which is based in the United States, because we rely on them to provide us with various services, including data storage and other information technology services, as well as assisting us with fulfilling your order (e.g. for the purpose of tracking sales).
- We engage third parties to perform services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples of these services include payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customisation, order fulfilment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. We need to share personal information with these third parties so that they can perform these services, however, we limit the personal information that we give to them and authorise them to use this information only for the purpose of performing those services.
- In proceeding with your online credit card order, both your name and address and those of the delivery name and address (if different) will be checked using third parties.
- We share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our agents, including agencies or third-party vendors so that they can provide marketing analysis and consult on advertising strategies. This information does not identify individual users. We also share non-personal information, such as the number of users who visited the website during a specific time period or who purchased a specific product through the website, with our marketing partners, advertisers and others from time to time. This information generally is shared in an aggregated form.
- We release your information to law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if we believe in good faith that: (1) the law or legal process requires it; (2) such disclosure is necessary for the detection, prevention or to otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; (3) if we have received a valid administrative request from a law enforcement agency, or (4) we need to protect our rights, property or safety, that of our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
- As with any business, it is possible that as our business develops, we might go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, sale of all or a portion of our assets or buying online stores or other assets. In such transactions, information about customers will likely be transferred.
- The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Where a transfer of information involves a transfer outside the EEA, such information will be transferred to, and stored at/processed in the United States by our affiliates or service providers we rely on to provide you with our goods and services, under the Commission’s model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (i.e., the standard contractual clauses), pursuant to Decision 2010/87/EU.
How long we store your information
We will retain your information for as long as we are required by law to do so, and more in particular as follows:
- If you have an account with us, and use these to make orders, for 7 years after your last purchase; and
How we protect your information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personally identifiable information. Your personally identifiable information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personally identifiable information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We do not store any credit card or payment information.
While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. You can help protect your information by creating a strong password to access your online account and by accessing your account only through a personal computer or device, as opposed to public computers or means.
How to opt-out, remove or modify information provided to us
To modify your email subscriptions, you will need to unsubscribe from the bottom of the email or contact customer service. Due to email production schedules you may receive emails or electronic notices already in production. To delete your online account information from our database, submit an Account Deletion Form. Please note that we sometimes maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at https://support.zagg.com/hc/en-us/categories/201799107-InvisibleShield.
You have additional rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances. We have described these situations below, as well as how you can exercise your rights. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at https://support.zagg.com/hc/en-us/categories/201799107-InvisibleShield.
- Access: You have the right to ask us to access the personal data we hold about you and be provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and who we share it with. (Data Request Form)
- Correction: You also have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Portability: Where you have provided your personal data to us under contract, you have the right to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
- Restriction: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data, save for storage.
- Objection: In certain circumstances, the right to restrict or object to our processing of your personal information (e.g. where you request correction or erasure, you also have a right to restrict processing of your applicable data while your request is considered). You can object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground.
In addition, you have the right to complain to the applicable data protection supervisory authority.
Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or company trade secrets or intellectual property, where there are overriding public interest reasons or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
Do not track notice
ZAGG does not track its website users over time and across third party websites or online services, and, therefore, does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites, software or mobile apps do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, you should set your browser settings so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know that you do not want to be tracked. ZAGG does not knowingly permit third parties to collect any personal information from our site unless you directly provide it to us and we provide it to them with your consent.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, in some places we include third party links on our site or through our applications. These third party linked sites and applications have separate and independent privacy or cookie policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites and applications. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our sites and applications and welcome any feedback about these linked sites and applications (including if a specific link or application does not work).
If you are under 16 you should surf ZAGG.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Although ZAGG does not specifically direct its website, catalogs, or e-mails to children, we strive to provide children with as much customer service as possible without violating their privacy rights. For their protection, ZAGG asks that anyone under 16 years of age not attempt to register with ZAGG or otherwise provide us with any personally identifiable information without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us your feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue, via https://support.zagg.com/hc/categories/201797678-General.
How we use "cookies"
A cookie is a small removable data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer. Cookies are only used by ZAGG to allow you to use ZAGG’s web site in the most efficient manner. Cookies allow you to place an order on our website and allow us to enhance and personalise your online surfing and shopping experience. For example:
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies – These estimate our audience size and analyse visitor behaviour.
- Targeting cookies – these store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests.
You can find more information about the main cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Please visit All About Cookies where you can find comprehensive information on cookie management and blocking for a wide variety of browsers. Please note, however, that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
We also work with other companies who use tracking technologies, including web beacons, to serve ads on our behalf across the internet. These companies may collect non-personally identifiable information about your visit to our website about your interaction with our communications, including advertising and e-mails. If you object to web beacons, we recommend that you follow the instructions for deleting existing cookies and disabling future cookies. We will still know how many of our electronic communications are opened and we will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device but we will not identify you as an individual.
Some of our cookies may persist for 2 years.
We use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with the Website. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions, as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Website. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
This policy was last updated on May 23, 2018.